Home » Journals

Journals

Here are some of my favorite Journals!

August 30th,2021

Something you see when you wake up that excites you

Everyday I wake and see my room. Waking up to see my room excites because it is a room filled with things I can use or wear as I see fit. It is a room full of different objects that I have complete access to. This is exciting because it gives me options that will affect my entire day. I can choose to be cozy and wear a hoodie, I can choose to be casual and wear jeans, or I can choose to listen to music that will set a mood for the rest of my day; the possibilities are endless.

September 1st,2021

Tell me about a time someone made an assumption about you, good or bad, based on the way you speak.

I consider my accent to be the thing that marks and reminds me of my hispanic culture. Not too long ago I was speaking to a security guard at my school and when I asked the guard a question, the guard reapplied to me in spanish. The guard assumed I spoke Spanish due to my accent, which honestly I’m proud of. I like when my accent creates this impression of me because it tells people a piece of who I am.

September 13th, 2021

Tell me about something, a word, or a physical thing that means a lot to you but may hold no meaning to anyone else.

Something that I consider meaningful that many people wouldn’t is the number three. This number hoolds meaning in my life because one of the most embarrassing experiences I went through was in the 6th grade when I was still learning English. My teacher called on me to read and at the time I didn’t know how to pronounce this number so I read it as “tree”. That day many of my peers laughed and it is a memory I still come back to because it shows me how far my language has come.

September 20th, 2021

Do you consider yourself an optimist

I don’t consider myself an optimist at all. I like to believe that I’m in a certain place between realistic and pessimistic. I like to see things as what they are and when something seems unlikely to happen I often hope for the worst rather than best. However, I would like to say that I do want to be an optimist since I think it radiates happiness and it’s a better way  of thinking.

September 22nd, 2021

Assumption about you

An assumption someone made about me was that I was hispanic. I was on a bus with my friends and a lady singled me out and asked me a question. The lady asked me if I speak spanish, I guess she assumed this because of my accent. I don’t consider this a bad thing because I find joy in it when people realise where I am from. I’ve learned to look at my accent as the thing about me that connects me to my culture and makes me stand out.

September 31st, 2021

Sell a worthless product

What am I selling you? I am selling you an Ice cube made with water from yesterday’s rain. I am selling you this for  500 dollars. I believe this ice cube is worth much more than this since you will have water that fell from the clouds of New York and will never fall again. You are capturing a part of our earth’s natural Hazards in time.

October 4rth,2021

Write a toast about yourself and your life so far

A toast to me for passing all of my highschool and college classes

cheers to me for making it to 16

cheers to my health,my dreams, my hopes, 

and most importantly cheers to my future self, 

the person I will be.

October 6th, 2021

Time seems slower

Time seems to move slower when you are waiting for something. Your anticipation for the event to happen makes time seem slower. You will find yourself waiting for an event to happen for an eternity. You won’t know when it will happen which always keeps you on your feet. However, this worry and anticipation will make you want the event to happen faster and faster. Making time slower.